RISQS is industry-owned, sponsored by a board of representatives from across the rail industry, known as the RISQS Board. This reports into the RSSB Board, and RSSB provides a range of services to support operational delivery of the scheme, including employing the scheme manager.
Scheme management includes:
- Leading the development of the RISQS Business Plan, identifying initiatives that support its creation, whilst developing and maintaining programmes of work to deliver the objectives agreed by the RISQS Board
- Specifying and appointing the service provider (currently Achilles), and managing the associated contract for supply and operation of the scheme's information system, registration, qualification and audit of suppliers
- Developing and as necessary administering the funding model for the RISQS scheme, constructing and proposing the annual budget for approval by RSSB and the RISQS Board
- Facilitating and managing all aspects of the operation of the RISQS Board
- Drafting the annual RISQS scheme stewardship report for the RSSB Board
- Promoting the scheme to suppliers, customers and other stakeholders
- Managing the operation of the RISQS appeals and feedback process
- Communicating with other schemes, regulators and relevant stakeholders to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of both the RISQS scheme and the wider GB rail supplier assurance arrangements
We have appointed a dedicated service provider to support the day-to-day delivery of the scheme. This is Achilles, who also benefit from the experience of running the scheme's predecessor, Link-up.