Update to COSS Recertification Event
Please inform any individual attending the course from the 27th June 2023 of the following points. There is no change to the mandatory pre-requisite requirements currently in place.
- It must be emphasised that the COSS recertification event is not a training course. Individuals are expected to attend the recertification event prepared to sit the knowledge and practical assessments.
- During the event there will be opportunities for discussion (based upon the revision described below) along with relevant exercises relating to Non-Technical Skills, Behaviours and Human Factors
- The ‘Verification Assessment’ has been removed, no one will be sent away from the course prior to sitting the knowledge assessment
- Please advise any individual attending the COSS recertification event that it is strongly advised that they revise/research the following areas prior to attendance at the event as these are discussed during the event:
- GERT8000 Rulebook for COSS roles
- NR/L2/OHS/019 and associated modules
- NR/L2/OHS/501 and associated modules
- Walking on or near the line
- Working with Trolleys
- Runaway risk
- Safety Critical Communications
- Safety Leadership
For any further queries please contact email@example.com